Queensland Adult Learning Security
QALS (Queensland Adult Learning Security) est. 2014 delivers certified security courses as well as practical industry based security coaching.
Hami Shelford is the owner and head trainer & assessor for QALS Training, he has over 30 years experience within the security industry, which he incorporates into his training courses, giving the students a strong understanding of what is expected from the students so to meet the required skill sets to apply for a security position.
QALS Training is based in Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast. and provides the following certified courses:
- HLTAID001 Provide CPR Re certification - $75.00
- HLTAID003 First Aid and HLTAID001 CPR - $175.00
- HLTAID006 Advance First Aid, HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide CPR - $295.00
- CPP20218 CII in Security Operations including: HLTAID006 Advanced First Aid, including HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide CPR - $1,050.00
- CPP31318 CIII in Security Operations; Tri-Annual Crowd Control Refresher Course includes: CPPSEC3101 Manage Conflict and Security Risks Through Negotiation, CPPSEC3121 Control Persons Using Empty Hand Techniques, HLTAID006 Advanced First Aid, including HLTAID003 Provide First Aid and HLTAID001 Provide CPR - $450.00
The theory component is completed online and is self paced at the students home, the practical components is completed in class (maximum number of 6 students per class). The student has 6 months to complete the course from the enrolment date submitted.
To book a course click here
QALS Training also provides personal development workshops and pre employment validation and screening for job seekers wanting to improve their skill sets and understanding so to improve their employment opportunities, for further information click here to send your query.
What’s covered in the pre employment validation and screening process:
- Proof of previous work history and positions held
- Provision current/past employer references
- Demonstration of understanding Qld Criminal Codes, Qld Security Providers Act
- Demonstration of completing a incident report, crowd control register and equipment register
- Demonstration of operating and communicating a two-way radio with earpiece
- Demonstration of managing a unruly person, non compliant trespasser, unruly youths,
- Demonstration of understanding effective communication, non verbal and body language
- Demonstration of understanding of the force continuum
- Demonstration of understanding of situational and environmental awareness
- Demonstrating of suitability for a specific security role
- Demonstrate using a automatic external defibulator (AED)
- Demonstrating of providing first aid & cpr